Frequently Asked Questions
Listed in no particular order.
- Primer for Puppy Linux users
- Tray icons
- How to connect to a network
- My Broadcom Wireless does not
- How to install Fatdog64 to BIOS
- The five possible ways to install Fatdog64 to an UEFI
- Install to a flash drive
- Install to a flash drive
- Install to a harddisk when
UEFI firmware supports multiple boot loaders
- Install to a harddisk when UEFI firmware
does not support multiple boot loaders →
- Windows-only: LICK installer
(actually this works for BIOS too)
- How to install Fatdog64 to a flash drive that works for both BIOS and UEFI machines
- Where can I find rEFInd boot
- How to add keys to boot with
Secure Boot enabled (Windows 8).
- How does Fatdog's layered
- Browser won't save to xxxx or
import my bookmarks
- Okay I understand browser runs as spot,
but why does browser still cannot read contents of
- I'm auto logged in as root, what's up
- How do I install extra packages
- I have amassed a
large collection of pet packages from earlier Fatdogs, how
do I use them now?
- How can I share files with other
computers on my network?
- My laptop's touch pad ____________
- Blank screen! (or texts are too
- My screen brightness controls
- No sound!
- Why doesn't this Debian/Ubuntu package
- How can I make a new package?
- How can I make a new SFS package?
- How can I recompile one kernel
- How can I replace the kernel modules
in the initrd?
- How to use a different kernel
- How to temporarily boot with
a different kernel
- Basic keyboard short cuts
- How to use Fatdog64's built in
- User Mode Linux (UML) environment
- Boot options
- Humongous initrd (or, why does my
computer boot slowly?)
- How to play BluRays
- Found a bug?
- How to enable the firewall
- How to change default programs
(default browser, default editor, etc)?
- My savefile is not loaded after
- Clean desktop, I don't like it.
How to put program icons back to desktop?
- How can I update my Browser or
- Can I use Netfilx with Fatdog64?
- Small lines or video noise in Google
- How can I enlarge my
- Bad 2d performance, tearing, or
freezing with Radeon.
- Screen tearing, applications crashing
- OpenGL 2.1 not
supported on Intel graphics
- Desktop takes a
long time to show up on old Intel graphics
- Kernel thread (kworker) eats 100%
of my CPU or my Mac is running super hot while doing nothing
- Suspend and hibernate
- Character are shown as boxes in
- Bluetooth issues
- How to listen to music using bluetooth speakers / headphones
- Using NVIDIA proprietary driver with Optimus-equipped laptop
- NetBIOS (Samba) Name Resolution
- How to change desktop icon themes
- How to find firmware for your devices
- How to build a custom Fatdog ISO
- Miscellaneous other known issues
- More links.