nwalsh and XML vs SGML [Fwd: First Open Source Documentation Summit at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention]

Guyhelm & Paul,

After reading the article:

> http://www.oreilly.com/frank/oscon_summit.html

I'm just curious about Norman Walsh's comments.  It sounds like basically
everyone
was supporting the use of DocBook for the underlying storage format... but then
it
sounds like Norman Walsh was suggesting that XML (I assume using the DocBook
version)
should be used instead of SGML.  Is this in fact what he was saying?  And what
was
the reception to his comments?

Was he suggesting it just to get out of all the tags in DocBook?  It doesn't
seem to
me that using XML really solves any issues. If anything, the rigid
case-sensitivity
(all tags must be lowercase) just seems to add another issue.

Just curious,
Dan

--
Dan York,  Linuxcare, Inc.