Permission to submit HOWTO

Dear HOWTO Coordinator

I wanted to submit an idea for a guide. I'm very new to Linux and have noticed there is no guide on the Linux Shell that introduces readers to shell scripts, variables, and basic scripting techniques. The guide will  go on to explain how to use shell control structures to make decisions, describe Bourne and Korn shell functions, and show how to debug shell scripts.

I do not know if there currently exists such a guide. If not, please let me know and I will get started right away.

Paul