HOWTO newbie saying hi

Hi guys, I just subscribed to this list, so hello to you all :)

I'm starting a mini-HOWTO detailing how to properly set up the MS
Internet Keyboard Pro, ie, a simple look at binding the extra keys along
the top using xmodmap etc.

In my wm ( Enlightenment ), there is a configuration tool to bind
keysyms to actions, such as running scripts/executables, etc. Is the
actual back-end implementation of this cross-wm, or is it specific and
internal to the wm? I would like to be able to make the HOWTO general,
not just for Enlightenment users. I've only used other wm's briefly, so
I'm not sure whether it is a standard feature or not.

Thanks,

Daniel Murfet.