Re: RAID HOWTOs

Greg Ferguson wrote:

> On Jan 20,  9:06am, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> > Subject: Re: RAID HOWTOs
> > This would also help people who want to help out
> > with the LDP by taking up maintence of HOWTOs that aren't being
> > maintained.
>
> Would it help if I put together a list of those HOWTO's that haven't
> been modified in "X" amount of time, with pointers to the docs
> themselves?

I've noticed that a lot of the HOWTOs use a timespan of six months in
"dating" the document.  I.E. if this document is older than six months,
then check URL for more information.  Does this sound like a reasonable
timespan for the LDP to adopt?  I realize that some documents will last
much longer, and some won't last anywhere near that long, but on
average.

> We would then have to determine if the doc itself is still relevent,
> in a given context.

This should just be a matter of having someone familiar with the subject
read over it.

> This is something that could be done quickly. Perhaps the
> page containing this info would have a "mailto:"; pointer
> that would come back to this list? - "If you are interested in
> working on/modifying/etc this document click...".

Sounds good to me.
	Greg