Programming-language-mini-HOWTO?

For a while I have gathered summary information on common
programming languages and GUI toolkits at
http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/Computer/Linux/Languages.html

It should be most useful for people asking: What languages are
there for Linux? Which one should I learn next?

The document is still somewhat incomplete.  If I can put enough
information together (your input is welcome), it could evolve into
a mini-HOWTO.  Any comments on this?

Libraries in general are not covered because there are so many of
them and they develop very fast anyways.

--
Risto Varanka
risto.varanka@helsinki.fi