Fatdog64-802 Final Release Notes
Fatdog64-802 Final was released on 21 May 2019.
Fatdog64-802 GNU/Linux is the third release of Fatdog64 800 series, which is based on LFS 8.2/CLFS 2017.07.
This is a maintenance release. Main reason for the update is Intel ZombieLoad/DMS security flaws requiring kernel update and microcode update, which are included in this update.
As usual Fatdog64 does not upgrade from any older version; but with only very minor changes between 801 and this release, you can probably re-use your existing savefile/savedir.
Please report all bugs to the forum support thread.
Changes from 801:
- linux-4.19.44 with DMS prevention
- Intel microcode updated to 20190504a with DMS prevention
- Firstrun-wizard now renamed to Quick Setup
- Rox right-click to run scripts on terminal window
- PDF thumbnailer (disabled by default)
- Race between rox desktop and window manager is fixed
- Single quote volume label now shown properly
- get-java is made to work again
- And many other minor fixes.
- Bluetooth applet is still missing. In the interim please use CLI or check this out: http://oldforum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.php?t=115122
Note: these lists are not exhaustive.